Saturday, December 26, 2009

We're having a good time. We had a white Christmas here and everywhere else in the middle portion of the country. My grandmother said it was the most snow Dallas had gotten since 1896.

Evan got his fake king cobra snake we affectionately call "King". "King" has had a really good time appearing at various places in the house and riding around Evan's neck in the car different places we go. My sister ordered it off of Amazon and I wish I had a picture of Evan's face when he opened it up. He was pulling off the tag from it and she said "Don't throw it away, it has educational material on it".

He replied "What's education?" and proceeded to rip everything off of the snake so he could go scare Paw Paw.

My uncle got Lucy a treasure box with dress up clothes for every Disney princess complete with earrings and jewelry. Granny got her the classic Sleeping Beauty dvd. She is on cloud nine. She LOVES princesses. The last day of her class, she was having a really funny conversation about Sleeping Beauty with her friend Danielle. There's a boy named Phillip in her class and they were talking about which one of them could be Sleeping Beauty and marry Phillip, (like Prince Phillip they explained to me). Luckily, neither one mentioned kissing Phillip, only that Sleeping Beauty needed a kiss to wake her up. So I got to avoid that conversation so far.

Today the cousins made it in and were having so much fun. Granny put on Sleeping Beauty (the first time any of them had seen it ) and we made it through about half of it before dinner. After dinner we opened up presents and Lucy got a Tinkerbell outfit which she promptly demanded to strip to her underwear (a fairy CAN'T wear jeans she explained), wearing nothing but fairy wings, a tu-tu and a wand....and run around chasing the boys saying she was a fairy and turning them PINK.

My friend Yuna made it safely at about 1:25 am on Christmas eve. Her flight was supposed to be there at like 6 or something....but it was so fun to eat smoked salmon at 3:00am and catch up with friend until your eyelids drop. I met her when I was 15 going with a family to adopt a child from an Russian orphanage. I'm a person who loves to keep friends for a long time even if you don't always talk....you make up for it when you do. It's also fun to have someone who knew you when you were a totally different person (but still the same person) that you are today...

And the kids have warmed up pretty fast to our house guest....especially Evan.

So much so that today...when she was eating Ramen noodles with an egg in it (I guess a tradition from the Koreans living in Russia) he told her "That's not how WE do it in America", as he's eating his Chao noodles (as he calls them because our old neighbor from Taiwan first introduced the asian ramen noodles to us) without eggs but with chopsticks. It was so funny we all died laughing...because what "we" were doing was pretty peculiar even for America.

And then to change the subject or just randomly as he has been known to do, he looks to Josh and asks "Did you get your Christmas bonus?"

Apparently he had seen that scene from Christmas Vacation with Yuna when we were napping the other day.

Cousin Eddy seems to be having a rough go of it...combined with Evan's fascination with jail...oh
things that could be said.

I guess we've been watching more tv lately.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE the Chao noodle story!
I can just picture the scene...
THat's not how WE do it...*ahem*
(resumes doing totally abnormal thing) SO funny.

Sorry I have been absent from blog commenting... I've been absent from blog reading,writing, everything!
Wanting to get back, but ... hmmm... everything seems to come first. You know the drill.

I'm sure your visit with Yuna was awesome... so happy you got some Russian time in. It does a heart good!!! MAn does it. Can't quantify it, but I believe it!

Canadian loves, me to you, flying your way on a snowflake! : )

Sarah said...

I sure hope Josh's bonus wasn't Jelly of the Month club :)