Friday, December 11, 2009

So I'm trying not to be de-motivated. Test #2 is done. Property. Bleh. I think one smart person could write a computer program that could sort out any future interest problem N or the bar examiners could ever come up with that you'd never have to deal with in real life and then the rest of us would never have to learn it.

If life is about learning one big lesson then I guess there's hope in the end that it is done. You die and there's no more lessons to be learned.

Boy, you can tell I'm on my game today, huh?

So the past few days I've woken up and my joints are red and swollen. I have a low grade fever today even with Excedrin. Bummer. But it could be worse. It has been worse. And it always hits me harder emotionally when I go back to crappiness after having a good run of it.

Pain is a good reminder of my commitment to happiness. You don't realize how committed you are to being happy until something ( or someone) ruins it. And then you get your sense of entitlement going and the self pity kicks in and pretty soon you're all alone.

I don't want to be alone. I'm not alone. Just staring at computer with no interest in contracts. I hate contracts. I do not have a knack for corporate law. I do not want to be married to my blackberry.

I have mp3 of Professor M. playing hoping some of it will sink in as I'm laying on the couch. I have an insane amount of memorizing to do and little motivation to do it.

Except. One day. Maybe I will be able to sue the crap out of some insurance company.

That would make me happy.

I had fun time at Josh's company Christmas party. Good food, free drinks ,and Josh Ayres doing a so-i-married-an-axe-murder routine is good times after a property exam.

I am so looking forward to Christmas break with the kids.

Anyone know where to find a giant fake king cobra snake that looks real?

That's what Evan wants for Christmas. And a microscope.

4 comments:

kate said...

Hey! I have been reading your blogs and thinking about you. You were part of the coveted prayer time in the shower last night! :) Hang in there. What you said about happiness is so true. And I'd love for you to sue an insurance company and beat the heck out of them! :) We are coming to Fayetteville next week. I know you are swamped. Maybe we can see you? Is there anytime you would already be just spending time with the kids that wouldn't take away from anything else you have planned? Miss you!

nectarine_girl said...

We miss you too! I'm done with school on the 17th...are you going to be here around that time? The kids are in school on the 18th but we would be free after about 2:30.

I thought of you today because I'm studying at IHOP. Couldn't quite do Waffle House but I still thought you'd approve.

Amanda said...

You might look for the snake in that toy store in Pinnacle. Um??? Help me, people who live there! Dilly Dally. That's it. Call before you go, and warn your kids you're not buying anything if they go with you. It's an awesome store. And awesomely expensive. But they might have the cobra. And the microscope.

nectarine_girl said...

Good idea. Thanks Amanda. Are you guys going to be in town over the holidays?