Yes. It's time. Time not to be blogging. But Josh is out of town . The kids won't go to sleep. I have 5 more days until my first final.
It will be ok.
Or not.
Evan quote of the day: "People go to jail because the color of their skin". Followed by "And for cruising too". And then to throw in some other influence from his school he wants a" real gun with real bullets not a BB gun" so he can shoot "snakes and deer and anything else that moves". But he's really afraid of getting coal in his stocking even though he knows Santa Clause is not real.
What do you do with a paragraph like that? Well, we took them one at a time. Wouldn't you have liked to be a wallflower? Or maybe not. Maybe you're horrified. But he does go to the most diverse elementary school around (or at least I think it is). And I was able to separate out each of those statements to specific kids in his class. Childhood is an awesome and terrifying thing. We had a good talk.
We had a really good trip to Dallas to see my grandmother and my dad's side of the family for Thanksgiving. The kids did great. I mean great. I haven't seen some of my cousins in over 10 years. Everyone was really sweet to the kids. Big families are good for that.
I have been avoiding facebook and lots of other things. Lots of other things. Although my house is still cleaner than it used to be. I don't know how that is. But being at home makes your house 10 times messier.
I've been still gradually feeling better. I've only had the fever a few times this last month and even then it was really low key. That heavy round of antibiotics seem to really help. A year ago they had given me some sort (a different kind) but this one seemed to do the trick. And I was not expecting that.
With so many things: Low expectations are key.
Here's to low expectations!
Die perfectionist. Die.
The kids are still not asleep. But I could go to bed. Maybe I will.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You crack me up! And Evan and Lucy and their little quotes. I was waiting at the bus stop with Deuce this am (on the other side of the street, like a good, cool mom) and a kid laid an f-bomb. This kid was smaller than Deuce, so maybe 6? 5? Anyway, waaaay too young. Funny how thing out of context are different, ya know? I heard the f-word a million times in Europe. In fact, one of our favorite quotes from the trip is an Irish chick saying "Oh for f's sake!" It's great when it's said with an Irish accent. Especially during plane turbulence. But, not from a 5 year old.
Anyway, like sponges, huh?
Yep. It's crazy. Glad you're a cool mom too. And by the way, my house is way cleaner now that we're not here all day. Spencer is SO cute. Hope to see you guys if you're in town.
Hope finals go well. Enjoy the break. I'm glad you are feeling better. That helps with life in general, I'm sure.
Funny stuff Evan said.
Post a Comment