Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Passed!!

So the horrible test must have had a sweet curve. I passed and more than passed. Can't believe how relieved I feel. Although the random theory of law school grades seems to be pretty believable at this point. Better than I deserve...is how I walk away from this whole experience.

I once heard a preacher say that pride and self pity are two sides of the same coin. Pride is when I meet success. Self-pity is when I meet failure. Can't win for losing. I've tried my best at school to look at people as people. I know that sounds stupid, but it's easier said than done. Even attorneys out of school for years will probably try to figure out where you stand. There's definitely a pecking order...and I try in as much as I can to look at people as people and not as some person to compare myself to...it's actually quite freeing. And even more freeing when you realize there are no guarantees in life...and what those important things are. And yet people are people and will judge me by my grades and a million other things. So let them. I'll fall short and then again sometimes I won't.

And then there's other victories those small things that you conquer in life that you seem to savor. I saved my best of craig's list couch from utter grape-juice puke destruction. Yes. Not withstanding (I'm already starting to use lawyer-talk and it's already annoying me...so sorry for the rest of you) the use of the Harp's Rug doctor/upholstery cleaner. Which, as it turned out someone else had previously tried to clean up something akin to dog diarreah. And some piece of it had lodged in the bottom of the cleaner and prevented the machine from sucking the suds soaking the grape juice vomit.

I had to think fast...out came the miny $15 wet vac. Why didn't I think of this earlier??? Anyway, when I was returning the vac, the lady wanted to test my story so she went and undid the machine (I was impressed although slightly annoyed) and said "well, there was a piece blocking it, don't you want to take it back?"). No. Thank you. I don't think I'll try that again.

But again...the small victories. Lucy puked in a bowl the first time in her life. It was like 2 drops. And she said in her little tired voice "Aren't you so proud of me Mama?". Yes. Yes I was.

It all comes back to vomit.
I'm still me.

2 comments:

John Nelson said...

Congrats on the test! That's fantastic!

nectarine_girl said...

Thanks John. How are your house plans coming?