Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weird Week

Does anyone else like a bit of random to their life? I certainly do. And sometimes I attract it. And sometimes I give it to someone else who has desire for control and harmony and ruin their day.

I'm not in the habit of making lists. I kind of abhor them. I make them about three times a year. This is because I've learned that writing something on a list is a guarantee that I'll forget it OR it brings up about the million and one more things I need to do, overwhelming me and thus defeating the purpose of the list. I prefer to use a combination of denial, amnesia, and an ability to remember random things such as telephone numbers I've used once.

I was going to make a list of random things that have happened to me this week. But I went anti-list instead and chose to make a long rambling blog. Our neighbor's house got broken into a few days ago while he was asleep at 4:00am. He had an alarm. Everything was fine. We do not. We have the perfect kidnapper house. For young children, having a pool is statistically more dangerous than having a loaded gun in the house. Random fact. We don't own a gun. Important Things with Demetri Martin.

I led the singing at the 6-12 grade youth group. I never was a big fan of youth group in my youth...and well...it was really random that I did that...I ran into my 6th grade teacher who has kids the same age as mine while at Chik Fil A with my friend who now lives in Philadelphia while holding her 6 week old trying to quench my irrational baby fever...meanwhile a different friend who is the first person I've met who wanted to be a doctor when they were little and then actually does it...who I tried to hold off with my sob story but only lasted an embarassingly short time before being embarassingly long winded about my very rational fever...she said ever so gently FUO : fevers of unknown origin...the origins are only found out 51% of the time. And since it's time to let go and see better...so I went to the eye doctor since I haven't gotten new glasses since 2002 and recently a tiny bottom sat fatly on them...for him to say I need a biopsy for the growth on my eye lid if it doesn't go down within a month...which now makes the visit covered on my health insurance instead of being charged outrageously out of pocket to get the same prescription I had 7 years ago....oh so nice said so semi-sarcastically...SERIOUSLY...this isn't working for the letting go part...but never fear...someone anonymously sent me a book in the mail which has a quote "Can cut through years of self-delusion and rationalizations".

So I'll do The Work on that...it's all out of love, isn't it?

3 comments:

Megan said...

ugg, that anonymous book thing is just crappy.

Sarah said...

Wow. How ironic that the anonymous person probably had self-delusions and rationalizations about how "helpful" that was.

Jennifer said...

HAHA sarah's comment. Yes.

ANywho, wow.. that was a stream-of-consciousness blog to rival James Joyce. I'm impressed.

Did you find the FUO comment helpful or hope-dashing? at least you are more normal than freaky that way, non?

anonymous book. BRUUUTAALLL. wow.
well, you know I love you, right, Lady???