Friday, July 10, 2009

It's My Birthday

It's wierd. The things that bring you back. Native American Rock Opera...Brought to You By Brule. And I wanted to blog again.

Today's my birthday. And Josh surprised me with a trip to Branson, MO. For those of you not familiar with Branson...it's like Las Vegas if Nell Flanders ran it.

I haven't been here since my 8th grade band field trip.

Josh took the day off work and we hit White Water. Still 89 degrees at 7:00pm. The kids did well all things considered. No naps and only ice cream to eat. Nobody else in my family had ever had Dippin Dots...so the pink poka dotted ice cream was a great bribe when Lucy and I were waiting for the boys to come down the big slide.

I went to bed at 7:00pm last night with a fever. I woke up this morning with a fever. I walked 5 miles (I usually have a tradition of running 5 miles on my birthday...you know to be young and vigorous and such...) And you know it was ok. Not perfect but ok.

They didn't find anything at Mayo...well nothing conclusive. A thyroid nodule, some blood tests were off, some vitamin levels way below normal, and a certain marker for inflammatory bowel disease higher than normal. Their best guess was possible Crohn's Disease, ruling out rhumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and all sorts of cancers. But they didn't find it when they went looking for it. They say they're really good at finding the really bad stuff. So I should go on with life doing the things I enjoy, knowing that there's nothing life-threatening in my symptoms.

Easier said than done. But I'm trying. I'm starting law school in less than 2 months. So I think this blog is in for some changes. Vomit started it all...and I hope never to stray. So far, this is the only family trip we made without it. But you know...change happens. And sometimes you're changed whether you want to be or not. And sometimes the only way out is through.

So by using blogger, I hope to link to lots of other people who I've been blog-stalking the past few months. And lots of other features I don't know how to use yet. Josh is on twitter/joshuaayres. I have barely started texting.

And we didn't sell the house. We leased it. You can buy it next spring if you want.

For previous entries check out: http://www.xanga.com/nectarine_girl.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Martha!! Glad to see you are blogging again. I missed your writings.