Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sally Molly

Josh has wanted a dog since we've been married. I have not. Law school has shifted the balance in many good ways and a puppy is one of them. Part of it was that Josh didn't want a dog unless it would be indoors. I don't keep my house clean enough to have an indoor dog. I hate when a house smells like dog and fur everywhere. But I guess we all try to recreate our childhood and our compromise was a golden retriever. I had a great golden retriever named Dore. She would pull us on our rollerblades and go down the slide on the playground and we'd take a bath with her and dress her up in all different types of outfits. One time when my brother was about 8-9 months old and crawling/pulling up. My mom called her (she always was really obedient) and she didn't come. Well when my mom came in the other room my brother had put his fists in her mouth and had grabbed her cheeks and pulled himself up. His little fists had grabbed her jowls and she didn't move because she knew he would fall if she did.

Josh had shelties growing up which are great...but yappy. And if a dog barked every time a kid splashed in the pool, the dog would not live very long at my house. We looked at the animal shelters and petfinder.com but they didn't have any puppies and I don't trust an adult dog that didn't grow up with kids. Although Josh's parents' dog has been great with the kids.

Anyway, her name is Sally Molly. [Evan wanted Sally and Lucy wanted Molly]. She's a 6 week old golden retriever. I think she will be a downstairs on the tile or outside dog. But of course I'm outnumbered right now.

She's upstairs curled up by the fire.

No comments: