So I'm done with school! Finished my last test yesterday. Not sure I passed but as I thought to myself on the way out "By the grace of God and the bell-curve"
Apparently Lucy's school had a mother's day tea party...and no offense to the baptists out there but I think they are exceptionally good at making me feel guilty in the mothering realm. So instead of Lucy being the only kid there without their mother dressed up at their side, she got dragged on the kindergarten field trip. Which ended up working out well. She got to ride the big yellow school bus...which is big in any kid's mind.
I guess I had thrown away one of the fifty million sheets of paper they tack on to the half in strip above her backpack in the pile which had all the information. I just say the reminder note this morning *read oh %^&.
So I thought it better to take her with us (my mom went too). We went to the Gentry "Safari" which is like a petting zoo with random exotic animals thrown in. Only there would they let the five kindergarten boys I was in charge of hold a 2 1/2 foot boa constrictor around their neck. They boys thought it was so unbelievably cool. I didn't have the heart to object.
They also have kangaroos in the petting zoo which is fun. And a baby camel. The kids did really well...even A, the one who didn't get to stay in class during the Valentine's Day party because he dropped the F bomb three times in three seconds the minute we started handing out the candy. As one of the teachers said 'he makes me re-think my career and my life'.
After lunch, the teachers just told the kids to "go run". Of course about two seconds later A was in time out for pushing a kid or something...which is sad because he's the kind of kid that needs to run the most. The kids were like a massive spinning top with different colors everywhere...doing nothing but running. Then, they formed a big game of red rover *which I didn't know they still allowed that game* with the whole kindergarten. All in the name of 'let's kill time so we don't have to do anything when we get back to school'. Sounds good to me.
Then we boarded the bus for the drive thru safari. The kids really had a good time. I don't think anyone but me found it probably was a little disturbing to the lions and the sheep that they are in cages side by side. I wonder if they don't just toss a goat every now and then over the edge because on the horses and donkeys it said "horses and donkeys are not food for the tigers". However, the goats on the other side were not so fortunate to have a sign as good as the horses and donkeys. Just "goat".
Such is life.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you survived school and the field trip. That's funny about the goats.
oh my goodness you crack me up lady. Did I mention that I TOTALLY MISS YOU.
grr...
So, I decided (facetiously) that I need to take a job *just* to fund multiple trips to KC. and Fayetteville. I'll need a helicopter as well to expedite teh travelling between random small towns in KS to AR to TX. oh well. Not happening.
Post a Comment