Such weird things these allergies are. My jellyfish sting randomly reappears every few months and you can see where the tentacles wrapped around my toe. It doesn't hurt. It's just a little red and itchy. And then it goes away as mysteriously as it appeared.
Today Josh went to the doctor, who quickly sent him to the emergency room because he had a delayed allergic reaction to a hornet/yellow jacket sting he got on Saturday. I was so glad it wasn't infected, which could have been a bad possibility. I seriously have not seen an arm that swollen. Ever.
The kids are home sick today. Evan still has a fever, although not nearly has high as it was. Lucy has a low grade one, not enough to lay on the couch like Evan, just enough to be cranky. I have a big midterm on Thursday and trying to study. It's not really happening. So I'm blogging.
Today is the first class I've had to miss, which I'm thankful because it totally freaks you out to be behind. By that, I mean it totally freaks me out. I didn't really study very much this weekend. I totally have to crash on the weekends and just spend time with my family and sleep as much as possible. And go to bed at 7:00pm.
So I'm going to be an optimist and say that it's forced efficiency. Hopefully I will be able to go up to the library tonight and kick some booty. Although that was the plan last night and I totally hit the wall. Unable to go on. Thus the early bedtime.
I have to admit that I've enjoyed the snuggles today. We all took a nap together and although I haven't gotten anything done it's been good to rest. I remember being at home sick from school and loving it. I hope my kids remember the same about today. And I remember to keep my priorities right. And I don't "lose my soul" as someone told me.
Which by the way, I probably will be censoring my blog more carefully or making it private. People take things in all kinds of ways I don't intend and talk about me. My reputation is growing (especially in church circles) in a way I don't like and is not fair. I hate that facebook and blogging is an image thing. An appearance you have to keep. But just because I hate doesn't change it. And if I'm going to be working in a public area in the future I should start now. Plus, who knows what 'private' means on the internet anyway. I hate to be a control freak.
And I have two little bodies hanging off of me pushing random buttons that I'm deleting as I type. G
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I only have seasonal allergies, so in that way, I consider myself lucky.
As far as what people say, I have two thoughts:
1. You are putting on paper (or whatever) things that other people think but don't have the courage to say. I applaud you for that. It's unfortunate that more people can't take something that is said (or whatever) and look at it from all angles - including just being informative.
2. People talk. People suck. The end. It's sad, and I find myself wanting to be one of those soccer moms who I've been hanging out with except that they often start talking about people. They'll say, "Oh, you know who I'm talking about..." and if it comes to pass that everyone doesn't know, someone will "slip" and spell it out to everyone. It's annoying. I'm really worried that I'm going to be on the other end at some point. As I said, people suck.
I think you should go opposite of being private with your blog. I think you should name names of the people who treat you badly and say this kind of BS. Then we(I)would know so I would not ever be around these people.
I might know what reputation you're getting, if I ever made it to church these days. . .
Sorry you're having trouble with people talking about you. It was one of my worst fears in junior high, and it would seem some people are resorting back there.
Would love to be invited if your blog becomes private.
Post a Comment