Monday, August 31, 2009

There are a lot of military guys in my classes. One of them sauntered up to me and said he studied as a linguist at the training school there. He started reciting Russian grammar to me. He didn't really know Russian. Hmm...And he must have forgotten his social training as well. Because when I shook his hand, he shouted out. "That's disgusting!". What did you do? Put lotion all over your yourself? (my hands constantly sweat. They always have and I'm pretty self-conscious about it. But luckily at the time I was having a hotflash so I thought my face might balance out my hands)

Umm.. No. I said. It's sweat. It's one of those things I hate about myself but thanks for pointing it out.

Law school is bringing out the sarcasm.

Then he said, "Just for the record. That is ABSOLUTELY disgusting".

And then I said "Just for the record. You're an asshole".

But I didn't.

6 comments:

Laurel said...

you totally should have!

Ashley said...

totally appalling

Jennifer said...

people are so unreal sometimes.

Someone once said you should make a vomit about vomit, cause it is such a regular feature of your life: I would make an argument for people saying totally rude inappropriate things to you. You could make an entire and very entertaining blog JUST about that. But I don't know a catchy way of saying that for a subtitle or cool url.

man, part of me really wishes you had said it. well well well I was laughing reading this.

Jennifer said...

of course when I say, vomit about vomit, I meant BLOG about vomit... it is too late at night. I'm typing too fast. sorry.

Krit said...

Oh man, I totally would've walked away from this post smiling like I had a coat hanger stuck in my mouth if you would've said it. :-)

kate said...

Wow. Allison reminded me you have a blog. I didn't add it to my list when you switched and I need to. I cannot believe he said that. Wow. I am really wishing you had said that. I think he might need a few sweaty pats occassionally. (I never know what letters are doubled in the word, so I do them all) Or you could take it upon yourself to kill him with kindness. I guess these are the people Jesus is talking about to love. He was probably neglected as a child or some sad story. or maybe spoiled as a child- his life has got to be sad. No one can be that big of an asshole and be happy. Glad to hear things are at least in a routine and that Evan is doing better. I saw some posts about Olivia. That is just so sad. I didn't realize they are your neighbors. Breaks my heart for them. I miss you! Hope you are surviving. I think about you all and pray for you a lot. Your awesome!