Really enjoyed Death at a Funeral, the British version. Thanks Josh and Margo.
Some other humorous highlights:
Me, Evan, and Lucy in the TJ Maxx dressing room. Only there because we have no jeans. I think it has the most jeans of any place I ever want to go. So Lucy and I are in the hallway...the long hallway with LOTS of dressing rooms. And I finally get why he had been giving me a hard time about trying on clothes...he says quite loudly "But MOM, I'm free-birding it today. Do you still want me to try on the pants? I already have them on." [We had this problem in kindergarten...sneaking off to school with no underwear on...but hadn't been as diligent checking this year].
In first grade, they send home a book every night for the kids to read. Evan is doing great at reading, spelling tests, etc. His biggest complaint this year is that he's bored. I have to admit the stories don't have the greatest plots...and at the end he said "well I just kicked that story in the nuts, didn't I?" Thank you public school.
Some not so humorous highlights of the past few weeks involve surgeries, deaths of children, divorces and more divorces, suicide of dads with family to support. And I'm not talking about the law cases I'm reading. I'm not talking about strangers. I'm talking about people I know and love.
I haven't kicked that in the nuts just yet.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So, when did you start having Evan get dressed for himself? Do you set out his clothes? I might be babying my kindergartener, it turns out. 'Course, if I waited for my non-morning-person son to get dressed, he'd miss the better part of the school day I'm afraid.
He's always been a morning person. He's up before I am almost every single morning. I hate fighting about clothes in the morning so I pretty much let the kids wear whatever. He started wanting his privacy and likes to get dressed by himself so it's no big deal. However, we had a lot of drama when Lucy (who can't quite get everything on by herself) wanted to change her outfit because "it didn't feel good" for the 8th time.
We still walk Evan all the way to his class door...so baby 'em while you can I think ;)
wow... looks like I've missed a LOT since our last chat... ugh.
sounds like emotional armageddon! dang.
But yes, your kids are hilarious.
How many dirty looks did you get from Evan's dressing room confession?
Post a Comment